I'm a Senior Lecturer (Associate Professor) in the School of Computing Science at the University of Glasgow. My research interests are real-time networked multimedia, next-generation Internet routing, and the use of high-level languages for low-level network protocol implementations. I'm heavily involved in standards development relating to the Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) and other networked multimedia transport protocols in the IETF, where I was previously chair of the Audio/Video Transport and Multiparty Multimedia Session Control working groups. I received my BEng in Electronic Engineering in 1992, and my DPhil in 1996, both from the Department of Electronics at the University of York. I'm a fellow of the Higher Education Academy, a senior member of the IEEE, and a member of the ACM and IET.
- 22 September 2016 research Presentation on IETF Standards for WebRTC at the GEANT TF-WebRTC Meeting
- 22 September 2016 photos Photos: Helsinki
- 18 September 2016 photos Photos: Bottom of the box
- 4 September 2016 research Finding the DHCPv6 DUID on MacOS X 10.11.6
- 18 August 2016 standards Submitted internet-draft: draft-ietf-avtcore-rtp-circuit-breakers-18
- 4 August 2016 standards Submitted internet-draft: draft-ietf-xrblock-independent-burst-gap-discard-03
- ... ... Older news...