I'm a Senior Lecturer (Associate Professor) in the School of Computing Science at the University of Glasgow. My research interests are real-time networked multimedia, next-generation Internet routing, and the use of high-level languages for low-level network protocol implementations. I'm heavily involved in standards development relating to the Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) and other networked multimedia transport protocols in the IETF, where I was previously chair of the Audio/Video Transport and Multiparty Multimedia Session Control working groups. I received my BEng in Electronic Engineering in 1992, and my DPhil in 1996, both from the Department of Electronics at the University of York. I'm a fellow of the Higher Education Academy, a senior member of the IEEE, and a member of the ACM and IET.
- 28 September 2016 photos Zoologischer Garten
- 27 September 2016 photos Berlin
- 26 September 2016 research Talk on IETF Video Standards
- 26 September 2016 research Talk on Lower-latency video streaming with TCP Hollywood
- 22 September 2016 research Talk on IETF Standards for WebRTC at the GEANT TF-WebRTC Meeting
- 22 September 2016 photos Helsinki
- ... ... Older news...