My research has focussed on real-time networked multimedia, congestion control for multimedia systems, next-generation Internet routing, and on the use of high-level languages for low-level protocol implementation. I favour systems research, often done in collaboration with industry, demonstrating feasibility through prototype implementations where possible, and driving results into the standards process to encourage broad deployment.
I'm grateful for support from the UK EPSRC, the European Commission, the US National Science Foundation, DARPA, SICSA, Cisco, Ericsson, and others, for funding my students and other research activities.
- Adaptive Internet TV
- Congestion Control
- Calls for Papers
- Digital Amphitheatre
- Explicit Congestion Notification for RTP
- Message Bus
- Post Sockets
- Improving Protocol Standards
- QUIC Transport Protocol
- Robust Audio Tool
- Media Transport for WebRTC
- Scottish Networking Event
- TCP Hollywood
- TPC member, IFIP Networking Conference, Paris, France, June 2020.
- TPC member, ACM SIGCOMM 2019 workshop on Evolution, Performance, and Interoperability of QUIC (EPIQ), Beijing, China, August 2019.
- TPC member, International Teletraffic Congress, Budapest, Hungary, August 2019.
- TPC member, IEEE ICC Next Generation Networking and Internet Symposium, Shanghai, China, May 2019.
- TPC member, IEEE Global Internet Symposium, Paris, France, April 2019.
- Complete list...